What are Academic Advisors?
Academic Advisors are professional CBU staff devoted to assisting you in navigating your academic career, equipping you to achieve your goals.
Who are the Academic Advisors?
OPS Academic Advisor (Undergraduate students, A-L)
OPS Academic Advisor (Undergraduate students, M-Z)
Assistant Director of OPS Academic Advising (all Graduate students)
Director of Program Administration for OPS
How do I contact OPS Academic Advising?
Phone: (951) 343-3921
Fax: (951) 358-1181
10370 Hemet Street, Suite 200
Riverside, CA 92503
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504
The Enrollment Advising Office is located in the Tyler Plaza office building, across Tyler Street from Nordstrom and the Galleria Mall.
What can I expect from my Academic Advisor?
- Clarification of your CBU degree requirements, your degree guide, and transfer work.
- Assistance in course planning for all your remaining requirements.
- Guidance in registering for classes, finding needed classes, making schedule changes, and overcoming registration blocks.
- Support in identifying and resolving issues that are impeding your academic success.
- Facilitation in changing majors or programs.
- Connections to the many resources available to you at CBU.
- Mediation in communication with CBU departments, faculty, and staff.
What does my Academic Advisor expect from me?
- Taking ownership of your CBU degree by familiarizing yourself with your degree guide and other resources that are available to you.
- Understanding that you are responsible for knowing and meeting your CBU degree requirements.
- Asking questions when you are uncertain of policy or requirements; not listening to rumors, but using your CBU catalog to determine the facts and, if you are unsure or bothered with something, asking an Academic Advisor.
- Being familiar with the Academic Calendar and adhering to its deadlines, such as last day to add, drop and withdraw from classes.
- Registering for classes early to ensure you get in needed classes to stay on track for academic success. Classes are typically available for registration one year in advance.
Where can I find further Advising resources for OPS Students?