Dr. Linda P. Drake
Career Services Center
The Dr. Linda P. Drake Career Services Center at California Baptist University assists students in their personal journey of career exploration and development, as well as their immediate employment needs while attending CBU.
In addition to coordinating on-campus jobs for work-study and non-work-study positions, the Center assists students with securing off-campus employment, both part-time and full-time positions, as well as internships in all academic disciplines.
Resources offered to students at no expense include the following:
- NACELink Connect – Sponsored by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), it offers an online job board, job postings and resume posting.
- FOCUS Career Assessment Program assists students in discovering their inherent talents and skills and how these translate into various career options.
- CCCU – This career resource, provided by the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities, includes those employers who are specifically seeking graduates from Christian colleges and universities.
Other Career Center services Include:
- Individual employment and career assessment
- "RE-FOCUS" Senior Year Experience interactive monthly workshops.
- Online Job Board (password-protected)
- Ministry Opportunities – locally, nationally and abroad
- Job Fairs held both in the Fall and Spring
- Workshops on resume writing, job search and interviewing skills
- Resume preparation and consultation
- Interactive computer software on topics of career exploration, self-assessment, interview techniques and resume writing
- Salary and job trend projections
- Seasonal employment/Internships
- Graduate and professional school catalogs