July 11, 2011 - Riverside, CA
Thinking about returning to school to pursue your BSN degree? California Baptist University Online & Professional Studies is still accepting applications for the fall 2011 RN-BSN Program. With cohorts forming in Menifee and Riverside, why not position yourself for greater success? The RN to BSN program at California Baptist University is designed to increase your professional knowledge, enhance your leadership abilities, and sharpen your critical thinking skills.
Our high quality, fully accredited, nurse-friendly program is designed specifically for the working professional. The RN to BSN program emphasizes commitment, flexibility; convenience and relevance for nurses who seek to complete their degrees and gain more career mobility.
Nurses with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree are well-prepared and valued for their skills in critical thinking, case management, health promotion and for their ability to practice across a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.
Earn your BSN degree without putting your life on hold
RNs with leadership potential, clinical competency, a strong commitment to nursing, and academic ability can earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing on a part time basis.
Top 5 reasons to pursue your RN to BSN program now:
1. More opportunities for advancement are available when you earn your BSN, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some career paths you come across will only be open to nurses holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree. The BSN becomes especially necessary if you ever decide you want to pursue an administrative position.
2. Hospitals and other healthcare groups are aiming to improve their reputations by expecting more from their RNs, and the demand for nurses having credentials beyond an associate’s degree continues to grow. Earning your BSN can help you meet that demand.
3. A bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite for admission to graduate nursing programs in research, consulting and teaching. Not to mention all four advanced practice nursing specialties, which include clinical nurse specialists, nurse anesthetists, nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners, require their candidates to have a bachelor’s degree, according to the Bureau.
4. Earning your BSN means you will receive more training in key areas like communication, leadership and critical thinking. These types of training are becoming even more vital as nursing care increases in complexity. Not to mention bachelor’s degree programs requires more clinical experience outside a hospital setting.
5. You have the opportunity to earn a higher income. Nurses’ wages are set based on their degree level and experience, so give yourself the potential for a boost by earning your BSN.
Ready to apply online? http://www.cbuonline.org/ or call 951-343-3900.
California Baptist University is regionally accredited by WASC. The School of Nursing has been approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).