|Office Phone:||(951) 343-2178|
|Office Location:||Tyler Plaza|
|Office Hours:||By Appointment|
|Ph.D.||Exercise and Sport Science||University of Utah||2015|
|M.S.||Exercise Science||Central Washington University||2010|
CSCS - National Strength and Conditioning Association
KIN 593 - Applied Knowledge in Kinesiology
KIN 562 - Exercise and Fitness Education
KIN 550 - Legal Aspects of Kinesiology
KIN 546 - Sports Nutrition
KIN 516 - Advanced Exercise Physiology
KIN 490 - Principles of Conditioning Athletes
KIN 480 - Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription
KIN 473 - Measurement and Evaluation in Kinesiology
KIN 393 - Applied Exercise Physiology
KIN 383 - Exercise Physiology
KIN 353 - Care and Prevention of Athletic Injury
KIN 303 - Foundations of Kinesiology
KIN 274 - Applied Movement Anatomy
KIN 264 - Movement Anatomy
California Baptist University Undergraduate Courses Created
California Baptist University Graduate Courses Created
Exercise and cognition/academic achievement
University of Utah
Central Washington University
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (6)
BOLD=Lead Author; BOLD=Senior/Lab/Grant PI/Co-Lead; BOLD=Contributing
1. Harveson, A., Chase, B., Brusseau, T. A., & Hannon, J. C. (2015). A safe approach to core strength and back health. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 86(5), 49-52.
2. Park, S. Y., Kwak, Y. S., Harveson, A., Weavil, J. C., & Seo, K. E. (2015). Low intensity resistance exercise training with blood flow restriction: Insight into cardiovascular function, and skeletal muscle hypertrophy in humans. The Korean Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, 19(3), 191-196.
3. Kang, K. D., Hannon, J. C., Harveson, A., Lee, J. W., Nam, J. J., & Han, D. H. (2015). Perfectionism and burnout in women professional golfers. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness.
4. Harveson, A., Hannon, J. C., & Brusseau, T. A., Podlog, L., Papadopoulos, C., Durrant, L., Hall, M., Kang, K. (2015).Acute exercise and cognition in high school youth. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, (Vol. 86, pp. A14-A15).
5. Goh, T. L., Marvin, D., Fu, Y., Harveson, A. T., King, M. K., Hannon, J. C., & Brusseau, T. A. (2015). Children's on-task behavior following a classroom-based physical activity intervention. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport (Vol. 86, pp. A70-A70).
6. Harveson, A., Hannon, J., Brusseau, T., Podlog, L., Chase, B., & Kang, K. D. (2018). Acute exercise and academic achievement in high school youth. Physical Educator, 75(1), 25-36.
Manuscripts in Review/Preparation (6)
Meeting Presentations (9)
Published Abstracts (4)
Non-Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (1)
1. Larson, J., Harveson, A., Burns, R. (2015). Teaching tips for increasing student motivation during physical education, UAHPERD Newsletter, Issue 1, pg. 4-pg. 7.
California Baptist University Master’s Committees
Shadow Hills Church, Las Vegas, NV
Young Life Support
International Justice Mission
Pioneer Bible Translators
I love to travel, spend time with family in Las Vegas and the Pacific Northwest, and play amateur golf competitively in the summertime
Galatians 5:13 - You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another in love.
I Peter 4:10 - Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.