Video Conferencing Requirements
Requirement #1: Desktop or Laptop Computer
- OpenGL version 1.3, or OpenGL version 1.2 with the multi-texturing extension.
- Any standard sound card (full-duplex, 16-bit or better).
On computers with limited processing power and/or memory, Jabber Video will use
a lot of system resources, and reduced performance can be expected.
- On Windows 8, only the classic Desktop user interface is supported.
Mac OS X requirements
Requirement #2: HD Webcam
Note: Specific webcam requirements may be in place for specific courses. Please contact the course instructor for details.
Requirement #3: Computer speakers and microphone or headset with microphone
Note: Some webcams have built-in microphones. Please refer to the webcam’s instruction
manual for more information.
Requirement #4: Broadband/high speed internet
Use Speedtest.net to check existing connection speed
- Click the “BEGIN TEST” button. The test may take 1-2 minutes to complete.
Observe the results of the test and confirm that speeds are equal to or greater
than 3 mbps* upload and
Requirement #5: Cisco Jabber Video Software
Download Cisco Jabber Video by clicking on the links below and follow the steps:
For PC click here
For Mac OS X click here
- Download the and unzip the file
- Follow the on screen instructions for installation
- Open the program and click on the setting button that looks like crossed wrench and screwdriver, located above the “sign in” button
- Choose sign in settings from the drop down menu and add the following information:
Internal Server: vcscontrol.calbaptist.edu
External Server: calbaptist.edu
SIP Domain: calbaptist.edu
- Use the Username: guest
And the Password: 12345
Contact Joseph Cameron, Online Learning Systems Administrator at
for software installation assistance.
Technical Support Information
Contact Joseph Cameron, Online Learning Systems Administrator at 951.343.3922 or
email@example.com for technical
* = megabits per second